FrigoSim Plant Example
FrigoSim is a process simulation program for thermal energy plants
. It is particularly suitable
for design of refrigerating plants, including heat pumps and air-conditioning systems.
FrigoSim assists the user in making an optimal design of a plant with respect to capacity and economy.
The accuracy of the calculation is mainly based on the component data quality and the user effort
to set up a detailed plant description
- Fluid thermal and transport properties data based on built-in function libraries for
13 pure fluids and 12 aqueous fluids over a range of concentrations
- 95 component models
using these fluid libraries.
- Arbitrary complexity in connecting a maximum of 1000 components.
Duplication of entire plants or plant details for set-up of multiple aggregates.
- Any number of concurrent multiple-layered, transient heat conduction calculations
non-linear/phase-change materials, connected directly or through other components.
- Working directly with plant layout, with component symbols selected to your preference.
Calculation results also presented in layout.
Alternative display of results in enthalpy-pressure, entropy-temperature and psychrometric charts.
- Construction of plants from scratch or from a number of plant templates.
Support for user or company specific component libraries.
- Scaling of single components, groups of components or entire plants to meet capacity requirements.
Component optimisation mechanism for best plant performance.
- Nine versatile control mechanisms
applied to single components
or component aggregates.
- Output of user-selected component quantities
. Calculation of
, e.g. for economy analysis.
Output for spreadsheet processing.
- Flexible description of component properties
. Mechanism for input
of practically available data
, including data from industry.
- On-screen tools for instant check of effect caused by component size change, fluid property changes, or modified boundary conditions
or control-type conditions.
- The unit system can be selected from several alternatives (SI, UK and US) plus individual unit selections.
- Windows user interface, with logically organised menu commands
, toolbar and
HTML based help texts.
Start by reading the brief introduction
The latest information on the program development is found in the
most recent changes
. If you need more information,
please make a request to Thorbergsen Frigosoft
Keywords: Optimization Dimensioning Simulation Refrigeration Heat pumps Air-Conditioning HVAC Heating Heat Conduction Software
Add Index Frame