The user may set his own preferences in the Preferences dialogue
. These are:
- Computer capacity setting. This is used for circumventing non-essential operations
in order to speed up display refreshing, necessary for slow computers. It is also used for setting accuracy defaults
for calculation. This setting is increasingly only relevant for quite old PCs.
- Font sizes used for display of headings, item names and values.
- The number of recent plant files that FrigoSim remembers for later user reference (default and maximum is 10).
- The number of undo levels (default is 10, maximum is 32767). This should be used with caution, as it requires disk space.
- Indication if you want to be notified of deletions, with the option to cancel. Default is no notification.
- Display of warnings during specification. This should normally be on.
- Display of warnings during simulation. This should be on for a new plant, but sometimes you get the same warnings repeatedly.
In this case, you could turn if off. Default is off.
- Autoadjust is set to get automatic adjustment of connectors after moving a component and automatic adjustment
of components after moving a connector. Should be off when doing the first coarse plant arrangement.
- Sound can be on or off, see sounds.
- Default printer margins varies and occasionally gets to narrow or wide.
Therefore the user is allowed to adjust this.
- Animation for giving life to a number of component symbols.
This can be useful in an educational context, illustrating the physical processes taking place in a plant.
It may also capture some attention at exhibitions.
- Hint texts for turning on/off having hint texts when moving (hovering) the mouse pointer
over various elements in either of the three windows. (On is default.)
The following elements do not show hint texts in special cases:
HlogP and TS charts if isolines is showing (temperature and pressure, respectively),
as these lines will create a screen flickering as the hint text change.
Illustrations do not show hint texts of the illustration text is visible
(as this is the same text as in the hint).
- Arrows for viewing arrows connected to component symbols.
- Graph grid for viewing a grid or just tics in graphs.
- Results on the fly for seeing updated screen results as time elapses when doing a simulation.
When unchecked, a progress bar will appear in stead.
- Deficiencies for display specification deficiencies. When set:
A basis component symbol will be coloured black in the details otherwise grey, if it has not been fully specified.
A plant component symbol will be coloured black in the details otherwise coloured by the current fluid,
if it has not been completely specified with respect to basis component data and initial data.
All connectors of a circuit will be coloured black in stead of in the current fluid colour,
if the number of mass flow balance equations of that circuit is different from the number of mass flow balance variables.
FrigoSim Home Page